Are you a local author looking to get your book into the library collection? Look no further! Here are five tips from the experts at the Hamilton East Public Library:
- Submit a physical copy of your book: While e-books are convenient, physical copies are easier to evaluate and consider for the library's collection.
- Attend local author fairs: These events provide a platform for local authors to showcase their work and connect with the community. It's also a great way to get your book in front of the library's staff.
- Pay attention to current trends: Thrillers, mysteries, and romance stories are always popular genres at the library. Pay attention to books on the New York Times bestseller list and books that have been turned into movies or TV series.
- Trust the librarians: Librarians are experts in their field and know what books will be best suited for their collection. Don't demand that your book be added or try to instruct the library on how to use it.
- Have a personal conversation with a librarian: Show your passion for your book by having an open and personal conversation with a librarian. They will do most of the research themselves to ensure the book meets their selection criteria.
Remember, getting your book in the library collection is a great way to provide free access to your book and increase circulation. So, follow these tips and get your book on the library shelves!
And don't forget to attend the Hamilton East Public Library's upcoming local author fair featuring over 60 local authors and literary organizations on April 15, 2023, from 1 pm to 4 pm at the FORUM Event Center in Fishers, Indiana.